Branch Sales Manager (Operational, Logistics) – Plennegy (Pty) Ltd, Namibia
- Job Type: Permanent
- Apply before Saturday, September 7, 2019 – 5 Days left
Employer: Plennegy (Pty) Ltd
Supervising inbound/freight receiving services by:
- Monitoring effective off-loading of line-haul by.
- Assessing all processed data related to the movement of material, such as printing incoming manifests, separating and splitting to vehicles on manifests, open seals, signing “CCL” delivery notes, creating scan numbers for off-loading and giving off-loading instructions.
- Sorting waybills into delivery routes.
- Monitoring line-haul consignment off-loading and sortation.
- Debrief manifest into freight ware.
- Monitoring correct handling of hazardous, prohibited, suspicious, damaged, short landed and return to origin consignments, and advise / action as indicated.
- Ensuing information systems are functioning and that all data and status information is captured and entered into the required system accurately.
- Comparing floor reports.
Supervising outbound/dispatch services by:
- Monitoring effective loading of line-hauls:
- Present material to meet scheduled departures (creating manifests, etc.).
- Monitor line-haul consignment loading.
- Seal and authorize manifests.
- Ensuring communication / distribution of freight information (retain manifests, discrepancy manifests.)
- Ensuring correct handling and lodgment of all consignments including hazardous, prohibited, suspicious, damaged, unidentified and return to origin and take action as is appropriate.
- Ensuring information systems are functioning and that all information is captured and entered into the required system.
- Monitoring vehicle loading and floor activity.
- Sealing and authorize manifests.
Maintaining receiving/dispatch workers by:
- Administer and ensure record retention of Operational documentation.
- Handling client queries and special requirements and resolve issues.
- Assisting in handling zone control problems.
- Communicating operational information, such as:
- Handover reports, consignment queries to CSD
- Feedback to other branches
- Discrepancies to CSD
Monitor and ensure maintenance of warehouse assets by:
- Warehouse equipment inspection and defect reporting.
- Ensuring office equipment maintenance.
- Inspecting warehouse and yard house.
- Keeping and arranging action as required.
- Supervising vehicle cleaning.
- Conducting security and safety inspections.
- management : 2 to 3 years
- sales : 3 to 4 years
- National Certificate in Road Transport Management
- 3 to 4 years experience in freight/transport
- Supervisory position and general operations procedures
- Basic understanding of Freightware or similar freight management system.
- In-depth understanding of Operations
- Understanding of freight packaging requirements including hazardous chemicals, and load distribution
- Basic technical understanding of motor vehicles and general traffic ordinances.
- Basic understanding of fleet tracking system
- Software applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Computer operations
- Basic people handling skills
- Commercial arithmetic calculation
- Customer Care Skills
- Supervisory Skills
This position reports to: General ManagerApply before Saturday, September 7, 2019 – 5 Days leftCompanies may expire jobs at their own discretion.If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.