Candidate Operations Specialist 9 months FTC Vacancy At Amazon
–9 months contract role then review business needs–
The Amazon Web Services Talent Acquisition (TA) organization is seeking a hands-on, customer-obsessed Candidate Operations Specialist to join our Journey to Day 1 (J2D1) team.
The Candidate Operations Specialist in the J2D1 team is the primary point of contact for candidates after they have accepted an offer of employment through to Day One. They work with TA, HR, Immigration, Compliance and other internal services teams to enable the candidate to complete all pre-requisites to ensure a seamless start at .
You will have the opportunity to draw on your experience and skills to develop relationships with hiring managers and candidates. This is a great opportunity to improve processes and provide visible impact to our business.
The ideal candidate will be an organizational guru, work effectively with internal teams and external candidates, possess great communication skills and have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice. We expect the Candidate Operations Specialist to be a passionate candidate advocate with extreme attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize, tackle ambiguity and multi-task.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Monitor and support with pre-onboarding processes i.e. all elements between point of offer through day 1 training for new hires. These elements include, but are not limited to:
o Relocation and immigration processing with external vendors
o Background check monitoring and troubleshooting
o Mandatory document verification (Employment contract and NDA)
o Start date change
o Pre-onboarding readiness: IT equipment, orientation enrollment, travel
· Ensure candidates are well informed of what to expect during their pre-onboarding journey and are kept fully informed of the status of their pre-hire requirements.
· Support general candidate questions during the pre-onboarding process.
· Complete and distribute reports as needed by manager and business stakeholders.
· Support with communicating changes to TA and/or business teams when required.
· Monitor and track the completion of pre-onboarding steps/status on and reporting platforms to ensure new hires successfully start on their scheduled Day1.
· Implement designed pre-onboarding standardized processes and assist with process documentation and revisions as needed.
· Assist with process improvement for business growth/scaling related to pre-onboarding and new hire orientation.
· Support with all other duties as needed for successful candidate hiring and onboarding process execution.
· 3+ years of work experience in a candidate or customer-facing role
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Maintain strict confidentiality regarding candidate information, benefits, and employee issues
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multitask, manage multiple relationships and prioritize effectively
· Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing and highly ambiguous environment
· Strong attention to detail – accuracy is essential
· Desire to continuously improve the candidate/employee experience and focus on providing a high level of customer service
· 2+ years relevant HR/Recruiting experience
· Experience with Excel, including charts, pivots, filters, vlookup, and macros
· Experience with HRIS (i.e. PeopleSoft, iCIMS, HIRE)
· Multi-state HR knowledge or the ability to learn and scale quickly
· Familiarity with visa/immigration processes in EMEA
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer- F/M/V/D
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.