Director Regional Financial and Operations Support South Africa
Director Regional Financial and Operations Support South Africa
- Organization: FHI 360
- Country: South Africa
- City: Pretoria
- Office: FHI 360 Pretoria
- Follow @UNjobs
Locations : South Africa-Pretoria (F; Grosvenor St.)
Time type : Full time
Job requisition id : Requisition – 2021201802
Oversee business operations and administrative management and planning for a Regional Office of significant complexity and scope. Collaborate with regional and organizational leaders to drive strategy, planning, and/or initiate projects to maintain a high performing regional portfolio in support of FHI 360’s mission, vision, values and strategic priorities. Ensure adherence to corporate standards in financial and administrative performance throughout the region. Maintain continuous process improvement and take appropriate actions to increase revenue, leverage resources, manage and/or minimize expenses. Serve as member of the senior leadership team to ensure effective, integrated Regional Office operations. Provide first line of defense for compliance and risk management/mitigation.
- Provide financial and administrative leadership, guidance, and oversight to an assigned region.
- Ensure high capacity and understanding of FHI 360 financial and administrative guidance regionally, and at country level.
- Ensure implementation and integration of financial and accounting systems.
- Liaise with key enterprise services (e.g., Human Resources (HR), Contract Management Services (CMS), Business Services, Operations Management, Office of Compliance and Internal Audit (OCIA), and Legal) to ensure effective integration with finance and administration.
- Provide strategic and operational inputs from a regional perspective to corporate services and systems development.
- Perform specialized functions in the areas of financial management and analysis, budget development and monitoring, supply and logistics, property management, office management and other essential administrative requirements.
- Facilitate change management to support business and process improvements and overall departmental/divisional effectiveness.
- Lead and advise staff in the development and implementation of all financial and administrative policies, programs, and procedures.
- Delegated to act on behalf of the organization for key financial and administrative functions and authorities due to geographic distance and time differential.
- Coordinate Business Unit (BU) budget analysis, provide input into and monitor budget forecasts and review progress against administrative cost reduction goals.
- Prepare and analyze monthly management reports summarizing project, management, and development expenditures versus budgets and obligated funds.
- Supervise/monitor spending on overhead and development accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of proposal budgets as needed/required and per guidelines.
- Alert Portfolio/Project and Department Directors to budget risks; ensure that appropriate risk authorization documents are processed, and steps are taken to resolve issues.
- Resolve issues affecting the business operations of the Regional Office (RO) and facilitate better interaction and cooperation with central services departments.
- Collaborate to fulfill RO needs for office space, office automation, and information technology.
- Ensure adoption of standardized procedures and monitoring systems to assure compliance with both client and corporate policies.
- Provide oversight and direction for the BU’s financial transaction and accounting practices.
- Monitor consolidated financial reporting and control systems for the RO to ensure compliance with internal policies and practices.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of work plans, staff labor allocations and budgets, working closely with portfolio directors and countries.
- Supervise a team of finance and administration staff and provide technical (financial) supervision of lead finance team members throughout the region. cwTb8dX Dmluar
- Work closely with other leaders to assure appropriate management and support of portfolios/projects in FHI360 Country Offices.
- Provide leadership for the Headquarter (HQ) cost and pricing extension team in APRO on proposal and modification budgets
- Provide input and work with HQ teams (Finance, Information Solutions and Services (ISS), Operations Management Office (OMO), etc.) to review/ generate new FHI360 policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Fully support HQ team to successfully implement new projects. Take proactive role to implement HQ directives when HQ has limited resources and tight timelines. Work closely with HQ team to implement new projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent leadership skills in financial management, audit and compliance, and personnel management
- Demonstrated familiarity with global development and not-for-profit management
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and collaborating implementing agencies.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as needed
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, International Management, Public Policy or Related Field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with international development programs; includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience with financial and contractual management of USAID contracts and cooperative agreements including budget design, financial oversight, and expenditure projections.
- Experience in developing country settings and management experience in public health programs.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 – 50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Apple Macintosh, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- 20%- 25%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.