Head of Preparatory School South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
HEAD OF PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Head of Preparatory School South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Herschel Girls School, founded in 1922, situated in Claremont, Cape Town, is an independent Anglican school for girls from Pre-Nursery to Grade 12. We welcome pupils and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Herschel is committed to transformation and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that gives preference, where appropriate in accordance with its Employment Equity Plan, to candidates from the designated groups. The School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Herschel Girls School seeks to appoint a
to commence duties on 1 APRIL 2022
Herschel Girls School seeks to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic, and progressive Head to lead Herschel Girls Preparatory School.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has a passion for the education of girls and whose track record shows commitment and exemplary leadership.
- Is ready to step up into a holistic and rigorous educational leadership role in an IEB independent girls’ school.
- Has a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience within the Primary school environment, preferably, at least, as a Deputy Head.
- Has excellent interpersonal, organisational, strategic and management skills.
- Has the relevant academic and professional qualifications to hold this post, continuing to drive Herschel’s reputation as a centre of excellence with a vision for innovative teaching, inquiry-based learning, and critical thinking skills.
- Is forward thinking with regards to Information Technology and its integration into the curriculum as well as its use in the administrative running of the school.
- Has a nuanced and theoretical appreciation of transformation, equity and belonging and is genuinely committed to growth and change at Herschel and who possesses the relational skills to navigate this important strategic focus.
- Will uphold the school’s core values, which include dignity, respect, integrity, kindness, courage, authenticity, community and commitment.
- Will support the Christian Anglican ethos of the school.
- Will hold at heart the school’s tagline of “learning to make a difference” for oneself and for the students in one’s care.
A letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, three contactable references and proof of SACE registration, as well as a Police Clearance certificate, must be sent to
Mrs Heather Vaughan at email address email@example.com by Monday, 15 November 2021
Herschel Girls School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.