Intermediate Phase Literacy Teacher Northriding South Africa Teaching Jobs
Intermediate Phase Literacy Teacher (Northriding)
Intermediate Phase Literacy Teacher Northriding South Africa Teaching Jobs | Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Resident Teacher to teach Intermediate Literacy Phase at our school in South Africa in 2022! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the Role
Resident Teachers lead instruction and planning for subject- or grade-level classrooms and are responsible for driving a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Resident Teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey – working full-time to empower teachers’ development by observing lessons and providing consistent feedback and coaching. Resident Teachers also support and mentor Apprentice Teachers. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer..
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Work closely with learning designers to design impactful lessons
- Design and deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for Apprentice Teachers
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfill supervision duties as assigned, including some morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed) or Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate
Certificate in Education (PGCE) – (Intermediate phase only for primary school)
- SACE registered (Kindly provide registration number and certificate in application
- Experience / exposure teaching Cambridge Literacy is ideal
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
- Ability to lead a classroom independently, with experience in a classroom (practicals included)
Key attributes to succeed in the role:
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
- Valid Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- ID Copy / Passport
- Work Permit (if applicable)
- SACE certificate
How to Apply:
- Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
- To apply, please complete the form on this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Nova Pioneer, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.