IOL BESP Course Admission Requirements
Institute for Open Learning Bachelor of Education: Senior Primary (BESP) Entry Requirements
To qualify for admission to the ‘Bachelor of Education: Senior Primary’ an applicant shall satisfy any one of the following minimum requirements (a) OR (b):
(a) The admission to a Degree requires a score of 25 points in the 5 best school subjects. The following will be taken into consideration when computing the point scores according to the grade evaluation table further on:
- Be a holder of a Namibian Senior Secondary Certificate (NSSC) Ordinary/higher or recognised equivalent with a minimum of 25 points in five subjects according to an admission scale.
- One of the five subjects must be English NSSC Ordinary (English as a Second Language) obtained with a grade C minimum or English as First language with grade D
- Another two of the five best subjects must provide a relevant basis for the two major subjects to be selected in the degree and passed at a grade C ordinary at least
- It is recommendable that another one of the five best subjects is a Mother Tongue.
(b) Meet the requirements of mature age entry which means:
- A student should be at least 25 years old on the day of registration
- Should have completed successfully junior secondary education (Standard 8 or Grade 10)
- Has at least 5 years of relevant teaching experience
- Has a ‘letter of recommendation’ from a management member of the school where h/she was teaching to identify the suitability of a candidate as a teacher