Isibani Center Manager Vacancy In South Africa
Isibani Center Manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
Contract Duration: Fixed term contract ending 31 March 2022
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments. Isibani seeks to appoint a Center Manager (AGYW project) to be based in Empangeni – uMhlathuze Sub-District.
Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Centre Manager: Out-of-School AGYW Program will lead the overall implementation of the Out-of-School AGYW Safe Spaces and Community Outreach activities within uMHLATHUZE Sub-District. The incumbent will provide the overall leadership and management of all operations at the fixed and satellite safe spaces as well as at community outreach sites; and will coordinate delivery of AGYW behavioural and structural interventions in uMHLATHUZE Sub-District. The incumbent will work closely with the AGYW in-school and biomedical teams to ensure that Out-of-School AGYW in uMHLATHUZE Sub-District receive a comprehensive package of appropriate and quality AGYW services that are meets the needs of AGYW. S/he will ensure that the safe spaces and satellite stations are adequately organized and equipped with the resources required for the delivery of quality AGYW services; and that Out-of-School AGYW in need are reached as appropriate:
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the overall planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities in the Subdistrict to achieve results against set objectives.
- Oversee overall mapping of safe spaces and community outreach points in the Subdistrict.
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders i.e. government departments, schools, community leadership and all other relevant stakeholders;
- Advocate for the implementation of the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities with the various stakeholders and government departments.
- Ensure the AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities are aligned with the relevant government policies and legislations to facilitate linkages and retention.
- Work with the AGYW program strategic information (SI) team to ensure all Out-of-School program related data is collected, validated, reported and utilised accurately and timeously to inform and guide evidence-based program planning and implementation.
- Work with the AGYW program SI team to ensure that the AGYW safe spaces and community AGYW program staff have the necessary capacity to use biometric data management system as applicable.
- Assess/ identify capacity needs of Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach program staff and build their capacity through training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision as appropriate.
- Actively participate in on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities.
- Represent the Out-of-School AGYW program in all relevant platforms as and when required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and the Isibani senior management team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, preferably Social Work.
- Registered with the SA Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming, with a specific focus on AGYW or adolescent and youth friendly services (AYFS);
- Demonstrated experience in AGYW program planning and implementation. Experience of working in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other AGYW projects would be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of government social development, health and basic educations systems; KZN Province-specific experience would be advantageous.
Suitable candidates to send applications at firstname.lastname@example.org