Learning Support Specialist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
LEARNING SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Learning Support Specialist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Cedarwood School: College is an inclusive remedial high school (Grades 7-12) offering an academic curriculum culminating in the GDE National Senior Certificate, as well as an Pre-Vocational Pathway at the Senior Phase level and Vocational Pathway for non-academic learners at the FET level. We are situated in a country setting between Lonehill and Kyalami, Gauteng. Our children have mild to moderate support needs which prevent them from coping adequately in a mainstream school environment.
The following position is available from January 2022
Senior and FET Phases
- Must have experience in teaching or supporting English and Mathematics in the Senior and FET Phase.
- A qualification and experience in the field of learning support with adolescents.
- Experience in devising and the implementation of learning support programmes to meet the needs of individual students.
- Training and experience with implementation of accommodations.
- Knowledge and experience within barriers to learning such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, ASD, cognitive impairments etc.
- Training within RTI would be beneficial.
- SACE registration.
- Commitment to the ethos and mission of the school.
- Flexibility and collaboration in working within a school and with subject teachers.
Further details of the College can be obtained on our website http://www.cedarwoodschool.co.za. Please e-mail your CV together with the names and contact details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 November 2021
The school reserves the right not to fill this post. Application does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted – failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in disqualification from consideration.
Cedarwood School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.