Market Access Consulting position South Africa
Market Access – Consulting position, South Africa
- Organization: International Partnership for Microbicides (IPM)
- Country: South Africa
- City: Pretoria
- Office: IPM Pretoria, South Africa
- Follow @UNjobs
The International Partnership for Microbicides (IPM) is a global, nonprofit organization created to develop HIV prevention products and other sexual and reproductive health technologies for women, and to make them available and accessible where they are urgently needed. The organization applies a dynamic and innovative approach to preventing HIV infection throughout the world. IPM’s global headquarters is in Silver Spring, Maryland with offices in South Africa and Belgium. At this time, all offices are working remotely until further notice, keeping in mind employee safety.
The International Partnership for Microbicides is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Please feel free to send Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
529-2021: Market Access – Consulting position
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Market Access Consultant will be an employee of IPM South Africa and will be responsible for providing support for coordinating and managing product introduction and implementation activities at the country-level for IPM’s lead microbicide product, the dapivirine vaginal ring (DVR). The Market Access Consultant reports to the Senior Manager, Product Access and works closely and synergistically with the Access, Medical Affairs and External Affairs teams; and the Access Strategy & Impact Leader at IPM’s strategic partner, Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
The Market Access Consultant will provide support to the Access and External Affairs team in 5 functional action areas, which include the following:
- Pilot and Implementation Study Support
- Support to pilot / implementation studies, including but not limited to protocol and tools development, technical assistance, research support and data review.
- Product and Supply Chain
- Support product development and access team to collate information on ring quantity needs from implementation studies
- Support the review of in-country orders/tenders with distributor
- End-user Market and Demand Considerations
- Ad-hoc support for end-user market research and technical assistance support in-country to ensure effective research utilization by in-country governments and implementers.
- Manage the production and translation of materials, such as end user guides.
- Support for post authorization studies, including but not limited to protocol development and implementation activities (site and community engagement, product supply management, data management, reporting, etc.)
- Healthcare Provider Education
- Provide support for IPM’s HCP Education Support Program which includes but is not limited to assistance with pilot testing, production, refinement, and translation of tools, as well as technical assistance for training and information needs
- Advocacy and Stakeholder Engagement
- Support African advocacy and community engagement efforts which include but are not limited to support in managing the workplans and M&E of advocacy partners, civil society organization, regional networks, managing AGYW outreach and identifying new partners cwUJCAv Dmluar
- Support for African communications in the form of consumer and health media engagement, development of advocacy and communication materials and resources to support key opinion leaders
- Support for stakeholder engagement to support implementation, which includes but is not limited to potential implementing partner engagement to support technical assistance, community engagement and advocacy; and to support engagement with donors
Candidates for this position should have the following education, experience, and demonstrate mastery of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in public health
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in research, implementation, and community engagement for HIV prevention programs in southern and eastern Africa.
- Experience working with adolescent girls and young women
- Experience working with key stakeholders including ministries of health, donors and civil society.
- Experience with human-centered design concepts and approaches.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Highly skilled in being creative, innovative and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas of work.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism required.
- Tolerant of ambiguity and a strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment; flexible, resourceful and unflappable.
- Regional travel to priority DVR markets within southern and eastern Africa required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in southern or eastern African language advantageous.
Position location is flexible, but Africa is preferable.
Please note, IPM is seeking a Consultant (not a full-time employee).