Namibia Business School Diploma in Project Management
The purpose of this qualification is to provide students with focused knowledge and skills in Project Management using general principles and application as well as some specialized and practical knowledge in the field of project management. It intends to build the individual capacities of members in the public and private sectors by strengthening project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies. This is also in line with national goal and socio-economic development as project management can enhance and accelerate organizational change by driving innovation, improving organizational performance, and strengthening competitive advantage. Nationally good project management practice can assist government to implement infrastructure projects on time within cost and quality being optimal.
The objectives of the programme are to equip participants to:
- Work with others to undertake or support the project management activities.
- Assist the project manager and/or project team by contributing and participating in planning, execution and control activities.
- Provide support to the administration of a project.
- Supervise a project team of a small project to deliver project objectives.
- Apply specialised technical methods, tools and technics to a project to deliver project objectives.
- A candidate should possess a relevant level 4 qualification from a recognized institution, with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, of which one year should be at managerial level.
- Alternatively, an applicant should be in possession of a minimum Grade 12 Certificate, 22 points as per UNAM scale in 5 subjects and English at a minimum D grade. In addition, a minimum of 5 years work experience, of which one year is at a managerial level, is required.
- Admission could also be considered for persons who qualify through the Mature Age Entry Scheme upon successful completion of the relevant examinations as set out in the General Information and Regulation Prospectus. A special application is available for this purpose. For mature age entry, a candidate must be above 25 years old, in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate, with a minimum of 5 years work experience, of which one year is at a managerial level.
Due to limited space, meeting the minimum requirements for the programme does not guarantee admission. The NBS reserves the right to interview candidates before final admission.
Mode of Delivery
The programme will be delivered full-time on a block-release basis at Namibia Business School. The Mode of Teaching will include a mix of lectures, seminars, case studies, class discussions, student and expert presentations, group projects, simulation exercises and guest speakers.
Duration of the Programme:
The minimum duration of the programme is ONE (1) year.
Curriculum for the Diploma in Project Management (Dipl. PM)
|First Semester (1)||English for General Communication|
|Contemporary Social Issues|
|Principles of Project Management|
|Project Leadership: Human Relations and Ethics|
|Project Resources: Planning and Scheduling|
|Second Semester (2)||English for General Communication|
|Project Cost and Procurement Management|
|Project Scope, Risk and Quality Management|
|Project Integration Simulation (MS Projects)|
|Work Base Project|
Tuition and Expenses
Tuition and course material:
N$ 30,000;- (Course material is made available in electronic format on the School’s e-learning platform.
Download and complete the Namibia Business School Application Form PDF and send it to us.