Namibia Evangelical Theological Seminary Distance Courses
NETS Distance Education
NETS recognises that many people, who are able and called by God to be Christian leaders, are not able to participate in full-time courses on a Windhoek campus. Therefore, our distance programme is an essential part of our mission to see people equipped for ministry. These programmes can be completed at one of our many learning centres around the country, and, in certain cases, even from home.
NETS Distance Department offers the following programmes:
Certificate in Christian Ministry (NQF level 3 – 60 credits)
This certificate course aims to equip people to be lay leaders in their churches and communities;
- with supportive encouragement towards godliness
- with a good base of biblical knowledge
- with a basic introduction to Christian theology
- with a broad base in ministry and social skills
- with a complete introduction in church life
The course equips you to apply parts of the Bible to specific situations in your community and personal life. Graduates will be able to take an active role in their communities as committed Christians, and be strengthened in their involvement in their respective ministries. This course is available in Runkwangali, Afrikaans, English, Oshikwanyama, Oshindonga and Otjiherero.
Successful completion of the Certificate also opens the possibility of further, higher level studies for graduates. Within NETS there are two NQF level 4 Certificate programmes that graduates of this Certificate could enter. The Certificate in Christian Ministry is taught by our coordinators in the different learning centres around the country.
- Registration Form: Certificate in Christian Ministry (PDF, 110 Kb)
- Brochure Certificate in Christian Ministry – Otjiherero (PDF, 444 Kb)
- Brochure Certificate in Christian Ministry – Oshindonga (PDF, 414 Kb)
- Brochure Certificate in Christian Ministry – Oshikwanyama (PDF, 447 Kb)
- Brochure Certificate in Christian Ministry – Afrikaans (PDF, 468 Kb)
- Brochure Certificate in Christian Ministry – English (PDF, 463 Kb)
Veritas is designed to provide you with a solid and practical theological foundation. Teaching students to interpret, apply and communicate the Bible is at the heart of the Veritas course. The Veritas course curriculum consists of four modules which are aimed at teaching students to accurately minister from all the different genres of the Bible:
The course consists of four modules. The completion of this programme gives you access to the NETS Certificate in Theology programme.
Veritias is taught occasionally in the learning centres around the country, when there are sufficient applicant numbers in a learning centre.
- Registration Form Veritas Course (PDF, 110 Kb)
- Veritas brochure – English (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
- Veritas brochure – Afrikaans (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
Certificate in Theology (NQF level 4 – 120 credits)
The on-line course content is the same as the residential course ‘Certificate in Theology’
From 2014, it will be possible to complete the NETS Certificate in Theology fully externally online, or part-time.