Network Engineer – Building African Skills/ BASHR Consulting, Namibia
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Posted by Building African Skills/ BASHR Consulting on Friday, August 9, 2019
Apply before Tuesday, October 8, 2019 – 36 Days left
Employer: Building African Skills/ BASHR Consulting
2. Provide Networking support to clients which includes provisioning, asset management, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting and support Networking operations and related infrastructure.
3. Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
4. Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
5. Perform level 2 server and network troubleshooting, server rack mounting and cable patching / management.
6. Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Dimension Data procedures.
7. Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
8. Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
- 4 – 6 year’s work experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in implementing, administering and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: routers, switches, wireless access points, controllers, WAN optimizers and monitoring applications
- Cisco Certifications – minimum CCNA/CCDA, CCNP preferred
- Cisco Experience 3- 5 years in a similar environment
- Must be able to work under pressure and make quality decisions in terms of prioritising work
- Based at a client site in Bellville
- Must be able to deal with handling multiple projects or tasks at the same time
- Need a self-starter (min mgt overhead) who sees opportunities to address technical problems and take ownership of an environment
- Be good with clients ie friendly and approachable and willing to go the extra mile
Apply before Tuesday, October 8, 2019 – 36 Days leftCompanies may expire jobs at their own discretion.If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.