Nsfas Loan or Bursary
NSFAS is a bursary scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training for those who do not have the financial means to fund their studies and cannot access bank funding, study loans or bursaries.
Apply online(link is external). Applications open for a limited time at the end of each year. Should you require assistance, call the toll-free number 08000 67327 or visit your nearest NYDA office(link is external).
NSFAS financial support previously was in the form of loans and still need to be paid back when you find employment after completion of your studies. If you passed all your subjects, 40% of the NSFAS funding for that particular year/semester was converted into a bursary. This means you will only pay back 60% of the loan when you start working.
When is NSFAS Opening for Applications?
Requirement to apply
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
|POSTAL||Private Bag X1, Plumstead, 7801|
|PHYSICAL||2nd Floor, House Vincent, 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7700|
|TEL||021 763 3200 / 08000 67327|