NSFAS Working Hours
After President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that South Africa will be moving to Lockdown Alert level one, Nsfas has taken a decision to reopen their offices.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will be reopening its walk-in offices in Cape Town on Monday 11 October 2021.
Located at 10 Brodie Road, House Cloete in Wynberg, Cape Town, the walk-in center is open to all students and prospective students who have any queries related to the services offered by Nsfas.
Operating hours are between 09h00 to 16h30.
You can contact Nsfas using the following avenues
Telephone Number: 021 763 3200 /0800 067 327
Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
You can also SMS 32261 with your name, contact number, email address, and postal address.
- Copy of student’s ID.
- If you have a Smart ID card, both sides should be visible on the copy.
- Copy of student’s parent/s/guardian or spouse ID.
- Proof of income (where applicable).
In order to qualify for NSFAS you must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Registered at any public university for the 2021 academic year.
- Have a combined household income of less than R350 000 per annum.
- Have a combined household income of less than R600 000 per annum for people living with disabilities.
- SASSA grant recipients automatically qualify on their financial eligibility.
- Have a valid email address.
- Have your own valid cell phone.