PA to the Principal and Receptionist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
PA to the Principal and Receptionist
PA to the Principal and Receptionist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | January 2022
Location: Camps Bay
Reporting to: Principal and School Administrator
Nature of contract: Full-time, permanent
Hours of work: 7.00am – 4.00pm (Mon – Thurs) 7.00am – 3.00pm (Friday)
Salary range: Market related, commensurate with skill and experience
Benefits: All Jewish holidays off, Provident Fund
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION AND THE ROLE
Phyllis Jowell is a high performing independent school relying heavily on a variety of innovative, creative educational techniques and systems to inspire learning and thinking in each child. The school is looking for a front-liner to fill the Receptionist role while providing admin support within the admin team and to the Principal.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administration for the Principal (including but not limited to):
- Typing of minutes, letters and emails
- Diary management (meetings, events and managing clashes)
Reception and Front-line responsibilities:
- Manage morning Drop & Go/ Screening of Preschool pupils
- Meet & Greet (student; parents; visitors)
- Phone & face-to-face contact with students, parents and visitors
- Taking and sharing messages (for principal, teachers and students)
School Admin Support (including but not limited to):
- Working closely and assisting School Administrator
- Managing of attendance registers (for all classes)
- General daily communication with teachers
- Managing illness or injury at school and communication with parents
- Colour printing
- Collection of ad-hoc forms
- Updating termly timetables
- Arrange and manage school photo’s
- Printing screening and cleaning rosters every Friday
- Update break duty and line up rosters
- Update school website
- Coordinate extra murals and liaise with service providers
- Manage assistant staff regarding aftercare co-ordination
- Manage cleaning staff
- Manage aftercare booking form and spreadsheet
- Petty cash
- Cake raffle and tuckshop
- Setup for functions
- Firedrill planning
- Manage school printer account with Nashua
- Supervising of non-educational duties for classroom assistants and cleaner- trouble-shooting and aftercare
Stationery, cleaning products, food & beverage (staff, tuckshop and meetings) gifts; allocation and ordering of desks and furniture- annually; selling uniform and doing stock take and ordering items needed – once a term
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal applicant:
- Education: Secretarial or Administrative degree, diploma or certificate is essential
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ PA work experience is essential: exposure to admin in a school, academic or communal environment advantageous
- Respect for Jewish way of life is essential, comfortable working in an Orthodox environment.
- Organised, meticulous and systems oriented, with strong attention to detail
- High work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- This is a front-line role which requires an eloquent, presentable and self-driven person with the ability to handle public enquires in a proactive, alert, engaged and energised manner
- A calm and confident approach to work: able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Flexible approach to work: comfortable working in an unstructured and rapidly changing work environment; able to easily adapt to the changing needs of the school, multitask and respond to needs of multiple parties.
- Service excellence approach: with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, students and their families.
- A self-starter: able to work independently with cross-functional teams
- Excellent PC knowledge: Word and Excel, Google docs and Canva
- Clearances: Police, Sexual Offences and Child Protection
Applications should be submitted, together with a detailed CV and the names of three contactable referees.
Please note that submission of your application to Phyllis Jowell Jewish Day School will be used solely for the purposes of recruitment of the above-mentioned vacancy and all internal processes associated with this application. Phyllis Jowell Jewish Day School hereby confirms that we will ensure your information is protected as per the POPI Act.
Email Terry using the address below.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application to have been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.