Primary School Headmaster South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Primary School Headmaster
Primary School Headmaster South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | A prestigious private kindergarten & primary school located in Maseru West, Lesotho is looking for a self-driven, energetic, competent, and motivated educational leader who will provide professional, supervisory and administrative leadership for the school.
Reporting to the School Management Board, the School Headmaster will be responsible for leadership, supervisory and management of the school both at Kindergarten and Primary.
He/she will be responsible for driving the school growth initiatives and new markets.
The candidate will define the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and oversee the plans for interpreting the school curriculum.
- Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all
- Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures
- Lead the development and implementation of teaching approaches, methodologies and schemes of work
- Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process
- Providing regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes
- Ensuring teachers have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities
- Providing leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school-based events
- Working closely with senior school management/Directors to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy
- Handling behaviour rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
- Maintain high level of discipline in the school for both teachers and students
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
- Managing school operations
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Master degree in Education with 5 years experience in Management position,
- Honors degree in Education with 10 year experience in Management position
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in a school set up, 2 years of which should have been in a leadership position. Experience in working in a multicultural school, will be an add advantage.
- Demonstrate proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures with good coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently
- Pro-active, mature and committed individual
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Registration with Teaching Service Commission (TSC).
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications should reach us no later than December 11, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Medical Aid
- Free housing
- Utilities water, electricity and settling in allowance
- Relocation cost from and to.