Title Operations Director
Reports to Reports to Country Representative
Based in South Africa (with home office)
Travel 10 – 25%
Areas of focus Supervise fleet, procurement, and administrative staff.
Start Date 1st December 2021
||Who we are?
||Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organisation. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
By 2023 PSI SA Health Solutions will be a preferred partner to domestic and international organisations, both public and private, in generating market insights and leveraging those to co-create solutions that respond to consumer and stakeholder needs and preferences, in areas including universal health coverage, health system strengthening, primary healthcare, e-health, and assisted self-care.
- Member of the executive management team of PSI SA Health Solutions with specific responsibility for operational excellence, risk management, risk mitigation, fraud prevention, process standardisation and continuous operational improvements
- Supervise, mentor, coach, and drive performance members of the operations team, including of procurement, fleet, facilities, risk management, security and information technology
- Ensure integration of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in all aspects of team management and operations practise
- Promote interdepartmental efficiency across systems and processes, where applicable.
Company Information Officer
- Serve as one of two Deputy Information Officers with responsibility for ensuring that the organisation complies with the POPI Act.
- Serve as main contact point with the global Operational Excellence (OpEx team)
- Ensure implementation of key annual OpEx annual priorities, as agreed with the Country Representative and the Chief of Programme, relevant to the Operations Department
- Catalyse OpEx priorities to relevant departments across PSI SA Health Solutions.
- Measure the impact of OpEx with well-defined quantitative and qualitative metrics developed in collaboration with the global head of OpEx and the Country Representative
Procurement Team Management
- Supervise the design, development, and execution of the annual procurement plans for all goods and services deemed necessary for the implementation of the programmes.
- Lead the annual review of all external suppliers.
- Oversee the transaction records for audit and donor compliance purposes.
Facilities management, administration, supply, and logistics management
- Update the Operations Handbooks annually and develop procedures where needed.
- Facilitate organisational insurance requirements for staff, Board of Directors, and assets.
- Manage contractual and rental negotiations as part of facilities management.
- Manage inventory and assets with a view to safeguard and effectively manage risk.
- Supervise supply and logistics interventions to meet organisational needs.
Safety and security management
- Mentor staff across departments to ensure a safe working environment across the organisation.
- Mentor staff across departments to monitor compliance to statutory operational health and safety regulations.
- Report security incidents to the global security team.
- Update the Security Handbook annually and develop procedures where needed.
IT operations management
- Mentor IT staff to ensure that the organisation fulfils its IT needs
- Liaise with global IT on access for the functions needed by the local IT team
What are we looking for?
Basics and Qualifications:
- Post graduate degree in Operations Management, Finance or Business Administration.
- At least ten years’ senior management experience in a national or international NGO, or humanitarian organisation.
- Ability to work from home as well as from busy clinic environments, as part of a team and independently
- Experience with computer software (Microsoft Office Package). GIS skill is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, capacity building, and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, including familiarity with Uniform Guidance, and donor regulations such as those of the CDC, PEPFAR, USAID or the Global Fund
- Ability to produce technical products and tools with minimal oversight and direction.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and on a wide range of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- You need to have a valid driver’s license.
- A preferred quality is familiarity with Lean, Kaizen and/or similar concepts to bring simplicity, efficiency, and efficacy to everything related to operations.
Where to apply?
The closing date is 12 November 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and be invited for interviews. The successful candidate will be required to pass background checks.
PSI SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, disabled or employment status. PSI SA reserves the right to conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates. We reserve the right to withdraw any of the vacancies at any time.
Vacancies in South Africa
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
UN Vacancies in South Africa
NGO Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa
Social Work Vacancies In South Africa