School Business Manager South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
School Business Manager South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | PERMANENT FULL TIME POST – 2022
The Vine School is an independent primary school based in Lansdowne, Cape Town, offering excellent, inspirational education in a Christian environment. The school requires a Business Manager to oversee all non-academic operations. This is a varied and rewarding position, requiring versatility, flexibility, initiative and a proven capacity for problem solving. The successful applicant will become a key member of the executive team, reporting to the School Principal.
He or she will be a confident, energetic person who can lead the support staff effectively. The role will suit someone who is happy to be “hands-on” but can also step back and take a strategic view.
In joining our school you will become responsible for:
- Supporting the Principal by delivering on all non-academic operations of the school;
- Leading the Admin Team, including the Accountant, Bursar, Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator and the Facilities Manager;
- Promoting a high standard of business ethics, informed by Christian principles;
- Strategic use of resources to support the school’s educational objectives;
Minimum requirements include:
- A testimony of mature faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to serve Him in the workplace;
- A successful background of financial, human resource and project management, with at least 5 years’ work experience in a leadership/entrepreneurial role in a school, small business or NPO;
- A relevant qualification of at least diploma level
The ideal candidate for this job will have:
- Experience of school operations and administration;
- Strong financial accounting skills including budget management and financial controls;
- Good relational skills with the ability to lead and manage a team;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Awareness of the legal and regulatory framework in which schools operate;
- A good understanding of IT in the workplace;
- Ability to plan strategically and make decisions;
- General good health, both physically and mentally;
- Capacity to work hard, to cope with pressure and to manage stress well.
- Overall responsibility for office and business administration, including finances, HR admin and payroll, marketing, IT solutions, contract compliance, POPIA compliance, and facilities management including OHS and security.
- Sound financial management, including financial reporting, expenditure control, oversight of debtors and creditors, cash flow management and investment of surplus funds.
- Budgeting, including recommending school fees and salaries.
- Liaison with auditors, SARS, WCA, UIF, WCED, CIPC, DSS, affiliation bodies and any others to whom the school renders accounts
Administration of the school’s financial assistance program.
- Responsibility for all procedural, legal and regulatory aspects of HR administration.
- Insurance and risk management.
- Oversight of repairs, maintenance and development of the school’s premises and fixed and movable assets.
- Involvement in strategic planning.
In return for your hard work, we’ll offer you:
- a solid salary and benefits package including pension;
- discounted application and school fees for your children enrolled at our school;
- five weeks (25 working days) annual leave;
- supportive Christian work colleagues;
- the opportunity to be involved at ground level in a transformational educational movement.
Closing date for application forms to be returned: 31 October 2021.
This position is available from 1 January 2022. A later starting date can be negotiated.
The Vine School is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. The School reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The successful candidate must be prepared to spend time in the January vacation attending training in the philosophy and practice of Ambleside Schools International.
POPIA Disclaimer: In keeping with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), The Vine School will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information which will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process.
By submitting your application for this position, you recognise and accept this disclaimer.”