Software Development Engineer – EC2 Vacancy At Amazon
Help EC2 customers optimize how they run their workloads in the Cloud. Our team builds and runs the systems that manage EC2 Placement Groups and Dedicated Hosts. These capabilities are increasingly being used by customers doing machine learning, high-performance computing, and other demanding workloads.
The successful candidate will have strong software engineering experience, with a passion for thinking about, building, and testing distributed systems. You have an interest in how data processing and other optimization techniques can be applied to large-scale problems. You have demonstrated experience working with a team to design, build and operate large-scale systems. You have the ability to collaborate well to deliver results. We move fast and work together in small teams to solve big problems.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience
· 3+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Java, C#, Python, Scala, Kotlin
One or more of the following will help you stand out:
· Experience designing, building, and operating high-performance distributed systems in large-scale Linux environments
· Technical leadership experience with the increasing scope of responsibility
· Ability to work effectively across teams to deliver results, with good verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.