Sr BDM AWS Marketplace SMB Business Application Category Management Vacancy
Senior Business Development Manager AWS Marketplace – Business Applications SMB for Africa
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace team is looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team for a new initiative and help build the Business Applications category for Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) products across multiple markets in Africa. You will work closely with teams across AWS to develop the strategic vision for SMB solutions in Africa, recruit new ISVs to AWS Marketplace, build and execute a comprehensive Go-To-Market plan with selected sellers and build relationships with ISVs and start-ups across multiple African markets.
AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog, customers can use to find, buy, deploy, and manage third-party software, data, and services that customers need to build solutions and run their businesses. To learn more about Marketplace, our categories and the services we support, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace
Key job responsibilities
• This position will be located in South Africa or Dubai and will involve up to 50% travel.
• Ability to define and develop strategic business plans for a specific software market targeting ISV recruitment, revenue and GTM goals.
• Identify specific customer and business segments as well as industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
• Execute a strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, support).
• Collaborate with AWS field and product teams to understand trends and requests from our mutual customers
• Work with new ISVs to educate them on the value proposition of AWS Marketplace as a new cloud channel and help them align business and technical requirements
• Work with existing ISV product teams, business development and field organizations to define and execute joint go-to-market programs.
• Position AWS Marketplace for internal adoption by the partner organization.
• Understand and use Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the AWS legal group.
A day in the life
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days, as this role will require 30% travel. Work hours can be flexible and typically self-defined. Preferred locations for this role are New York, Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC area or Seattle. However, virtual or other locations in similar time zones will be considered depending on candidate experience and relative location to key stakeholders.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
About the team
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• 7+ years of significant business development or program management experience.
• 5+ years of partner experience working across the software ecosystem, channels and technology companies.
• 5+ years of experience in cloud computing technology or utility pricing models.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English.
• In depth knowledge of e-commerce and online marketplaces.
• In depth technical understanding and knowledge of partner ecosystem of one or more line of business software markets, preferably with experience managing a partner channel in that software market.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence ISV product management, business decision makers and C-level executives.
• Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
• Prior experience in IT or Management Consulting firms defining and delivering projects
• Experience with varying software licensing models.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.