Teaching Assistant Foundation Phase South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
TEACHING ASSISTANT FOUNDATION PHASE
Teaching Assistant Foundation Phase South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Roedean School (SA), an independent girls’ school, wishes to appoint a Foundation Phase Teacher Assistant, with effect from 1 January 2022.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic person of integrity and vision with strong interpersonal skills, who will assist in creating a nurturing classroom environment that is child-centred and responsive to the needs of young children.
- have a minimum of Matric and preferably have a tertiary qualification or currently be studying towards one;
- have the ability to appreciate and contribute to the Founding Values of Roedean School (SA);
- be committed to Diversity and Inclusion and
- have proof of clearance against the Sexual Offender’s and Child Protection Registry – this is required for any staff member working in a school environment.
This position involves:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons;
- contributing to classroom displays;
- listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories;
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks;
- helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records;
- supporting teachers in managing class behaviour;
- supervising group activities;
- looking after children who are upset;
- clearing away materials and equipment after lessons;
- helping with outings and sports events (negotiable);
- afterschool supervision;
- taking part in training and
- carrying out some administrative tasks.
Interested parties should send a detailed CV, a letter of application and the names of two referees to:
Private Bag X3031, Houghton 2041
CLOSING DATE: 16 November 2021
Roedean is an equal opportunity employer.
The school reserves the right not to make an appointment.
By sending Roedean School SA your application, CV, resume, qualifications, or any other document that falls under personal information, you consent to the processing of your personal information by Roedean School SA The processing of personal information will be done in accordance with its PoPI Policy. http://www.roedeanschool.co.za/privacy-notice