Temporary High School English Teacher Maternity Cover 6 December 2021 to 10 April 2022 South Africa Teaching Jobs
Temporary High School English Teacher – Maternity cover (6 December 2021 to 10 April 2022)
Temporary High School English Teacher Maternity Cover 6 December 2021 to 10 April 2022 South Africa Teaching Jobs | CAMPUS: Johannesburg Campus
SUPERVISOR: High School Principal
The American International School of Johannesburg is committed to fostering justice, equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our school community, and we are continually furthering our practices and behaviors as we strive to live these ideals.
Child Protection Statement
AISJ maintains strong child protection policies & procedures, this ensures that our students can pursue their education in a safe, secure, and caring environment. All faculty and staff are required to undergo criminal background checks, attend annual training sessions and sign a safeguarding agreement.
This position will consist of a full-time assignment including sections of Grade 9 and10 English. The High School operates on an 8-period rotating block schedule, and teachers are assigned to teach 5 of 8 blocks.
The IB English L&L teacher should have:
- Secondary license or certification for teaching English, with a preference for a master’s degree
- Successful experience teaching HS English
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others
- Positive attitude and proven belief that all students can learn
- Ability to differentiate instruction for all learners
- Ability to establish and participate in collaborative structures
- Proven ability to develop successful academic programs
- Proven ability to moderate assignments at all levels to ensure collective understanding of achievement
- Proven ability to use learning data to explore and improve teaching and learning practices
- Ability to engage students in language learning activities using a variety of current social media forms
- An active online profile
- Successful experiences with advisory programming
- Successful experiences with inspiring or leading innovative practices
Teachers at AISJ are expected to:
- Communicate and liaise on a regular basis with fellow team department/grade members with regards to planning, assessment, parent and community contact, subject organization and classroom issues including discipline, expectations and routines
- Moderate assignments on a regular basis
- Communicate and liaise with other school colleagues promote social and emotional awareness
- Take an active role in the advisory of class groups
- Constructively contribute to, staff meetings
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, conferences, and communication with parents
- Engage in ongoing professional development opportunities
- Establish links with the parent community to ensure that parents are kept well informed about student progress
- Assist, as required, in the development of social and emotional curricular materials
- Act as a resource/contact/support for new staff members (i.e. curriculum, schedules, procedures)
- Participate in and, assist with, school events as required
INSPIRE LEARNING AND BUILD OUR BETTER WORLD The purpose of AISJ is to provide exceptional educational experiences in a diverse and nurturing environment in order to inspire learning and build our better world. We cultivate an inclusive community of learners so that we empower global citizens to fulfill their future purpose.
The American International School of Johannesburg fosters a positive culture and is committed to Community Principles that include:
- We are better when we act together.
- Our differences make us stronger.
- Every voice counts. Every voice matters.
- Every team needs individuals. Every individual needs a team.